FAQ – EZ3 Mattress Encasement
– What is an EZ3 Mattress Encasement? The EZ3 Mattress Encasement is a proprietary product that opens fully on 3 sides, and was designed with easy installation in mind. Simply fold it open like a book, drop in the mattress, and zip the 3 sides. This quality encasement offers an affordable solution for 6-sided mattress protection against allergens, dust mites, bed bugs, liquid stains, and more.
– What is the difference between the EZ3 Mattress Encasement and the Easy Care 360° Mattress Encasement? The EZ3 Mattress Encasement opens fully on 3 sides, making installation a breeze. The Easy Care 360° Mattress Encasement is designed with a top that completely unzips, allowing for washing of just the lightweight top when the encasement gets soiled.
– What is the difference between the EZ3 Mattress Encasement and a mattress protector? The EZ3 Mattress Encasement covers the entire mattress on all 6 sides whereas a mattress protector, designed like a fitted sheet, covers just 5 sides. A mattress protector offers much of the same protection as an encasement but is NOT bed bug proof.
– Is the EZ3 Mattress Encasement waterproof? Yes.
– Is the EZ3 Mattress Encasement washable? Yes. The EZ3 Mattress Encasement is laboratory tested for hot water washing up to 160 F. Dry medium heat.
– What is the EZ3 Mattress Encasement Made From? The EZ3 Mattress Encasement is made of soft polyester interlock knit and coated with a high temperature polyurethane film, making it quiet to sleep upon, yet easy to release stains when washed.
– How often do I need to wash my EZ3 Mattress Encasement? The EZ3 Mattress Encasement was created for superior durability so you can wash however often you feel is needed. All CKI products are designed for the rigorous use in the hotel and cruise industry, meaning they are built “hotel strong”.
– How do I determine what size of the EZ3 Mattress Encasement I should order? Mattresses are made in different depths. Before ordering your EZ3 Mattress Encasement, measure the thickness or depth of your mattress (the distance from top to bottom from the side). The most common sizes are 9” and 12” but can be even deeper in depth. Choose the encasement depth closest to the size smaller size. For example, if your mattress depth is 9”, order and encasement that is 9-11” for the best fit.
– Do you put your mattress pad above or below the EZ3 Mattress Encasement? If the reason you are using an encasement is to avoid allergens or bed bugs, we recommend that you cover both the mattress pad and the mattress with the EZ3 Mattress Encasement. The encasement coverage keeps both the mattress and the pad clean, thus avoiding having to wash a heavy mattress pad.
– How do I put on my EZ3 Mattress Encasement? Unzip the encasement and fold the top out of the way. Then place your mattress onto the bottom of the encasement. Zip up the sides. It is that easy!
– Is it true that stains can void the warranty on my mattress? Yes, your mattress probably came with a warranty and that warranty might be invalidated by liquid stains. Besides the warranty, liquids can damage mattress foams. By protecting your mattress with an EZ3 Mattress Encasement you protect your mattress investment by potentially keeping the warranty from being invalidated.